Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Hey guys! I decided to talk to you guys a little bit about dating and courtship. I've never had a boyfriend before, but I have had several boys ask me out. I'm basically the queen of rejecting boys. yes, I know that sounds super arrogant, but I promise its not meant to sound that way! Our family's dating rules have always been kind of strict, but not super strict. I wasn't aloud to date until I was 14. Honestly now that I am old enough to date, I really feel like God doesn't want me to date... when a boy asked me out and I gave him my honest answer about how I feel God doesn't want me to date. He thought I was just using it as an excuse to not go out with him. He honestly is the guy that if I felt like God wanted me to date I totally would date him. I'm gonna tell you a story from when I was 11. I know that was only 3 years ago, but boy oh boy have I changed! I was the stage manager for a historic reenactment. one of the cast members who was 3 years older than me kept asking me out. I kept trying and trying to decline him, but it never made him stop!! somehow he ended up getting my number. I still have no clue how he got it. I have a feeling it was his sister, but she claims she didn't give it to him. Anyways, i thought that after the reenactment was over he'd leave me alone. He still kept calling and asking me out... my parents thought it was so funny! I on the other hand didn't!! I should've been a little more harsh from the start. Now in the time we live in boys think girls are easy and they will date anyone. i think that is so sad! He finally got the hint last spring (two years later) and left me alone. comment down below what your dating rules are! Trust me I want to know! Mine are; you have to be 14, obviously no kissing, side hugs only and can never be alone with him. Most girls my age would think that these rules are stupid and a waste of time, but i have a different point of view. Think of it this way, every boyfriend you have you are giving away a piece of your heart then when you find the one you want to spend the rest of your life with you won't have anymore of your heart to give away because you had so many boyfriends. I don't know its just a thought! thanks for reading and leave your thoughts and opinions in the comments!

-xoxo Reese Ziegler

No comments:

Post a Comment